DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Women are the most powerful beings on earth - Seyi Awolowo apologises again

Seyi Awolowo, the former Big Brother Naija housemate, has once again apologized for his controversial statement, he made the remark during an interview. Awolowo expressed regret over his words during a recent interview with Channels Television, stressing that he said them in the heat of the moment. He concluded by apologizing for any offence caused by his earlier remarks and expressed a commitment to promoting positive and respectful dialogue in the future.

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 16 (Feb 10 – May 3, 2025) opens registrations; register today for early bird discounts.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

Seyi Awolowo, popularly known as Seyi, is a well-known figure in Nigeria, recognized for his diverse talents and achievements. He first gained widespread attention during his participation in the 2019 Big Brother Naija reality show, also known as "Pepper Dem Gang." Born on December 28, 1989, Seyi hails from Ogun State and is the grandson of the late Chief Obafemi Awolowo, a prominent figure in Nigerian politics.

Seyi's journey into the limelight began when he entered the Big Brother Naija house as a contestant. During his time on the show, he showcased his multifaceted persona, leaving a lasting impression on viewers. Besides being a reality TV star, Seyi is a businessman and entrepreneur with an impressive portfolio. He holds a degree in psychology from Houdegbe North American University, Benin.

As an entrepreneur, Seyi has made significant strides in various fields, including talent recruitment, acting, modeling, and TV hosting. He has appeared in several TV commercials, modeled for different organizations, and contributed to TV series projects. Moreover, Seyi's dedication to self-acceptance and his faith is evident through the "Jesus" tattoo on his arm.

Seyi Awolowo is a versatile individual who rose to prominence through his appearance on the Big Brother Naija reality show. Beyond his reality TV stint, Seyi is a successful businessman, entrepreneur, actor, model, and TV host. His background, coupled with his diverse talents, make him a respected figure in Nigeria, and his commitment to personal growth and making a difference further endears him to his fans and followers, he's also Married to Adeshola Adeyemo with 2 children, a boy and a girl.

Seyi has the number one trending topic on Twitter after videos went viral over his strange comments about women and what his sons would do in their relationship with ladies. In one of the viral clips, Seyi was seen speaking with Soma and Whitemoney when he went ahead to brag about how his sons will run trains on people's daughters.

The statement sparked a lot of backlashes from some social media users, who accused him of being sexist and ignorant now he's apologizing saying.

"Our women are the most powerful beings on earth. They bring life. Even we men don’t bring life. We bring things, but we don’t carry life. At that moment, I was really angry at a lot of things. It was just an explosion of emotions, I’m sincerely sorry for that, for the word I used. It was a particular word and I really regret that word because that was not my intention," he expressed.

Currently Seyi Awolowo clarified his intention and expressed his regret for offending anyone.

During the All-Stars season of the reality show, Awolowo faced intense backlash for stating that his sons would take turns sexually violating other people's daughters, adding that he had a miscellaneous bank account to fund such activities.

In his words, "I'll get an account for my son, miscellaneous account. When I get that account for my son, I will give them the keys to the guest house, and they will go run train on people's daughters. I gave birth to a boy first and he will f**k your daughter. They go come meet me say, Daddy, I need the Benz. I’ll give them the Benz, I’ll give them the key to the guesthouse, they will run train on people's daughters. I’m giving birth to boys, and they will f**k peoples daughters.”

Later according to Seyi saying I have always been a supporter and admirer of women and their achievements. I have a mother, a sister, my wife and many female friends who have inspired me and taught me a lot. I respect them and appreciate them for their roles in my life and in society.

Even though he was in the house when the words were uttered, his public image suffered tremendously, and when he was evicted from the show, he faced the backlashes himself. Soon after, he tenders an apology and requested that the public forgives him.

Well, I believe that we are all equal, we all have our strengths and weaknesses. We all need each other, and we all complement each other.

I also want to apologize to my Wife Adeshola Adeyemo, who has been nothing but supportive and understanding of me. She is the most amazing person I have ever met, and I love her with all my heart. She knows me better than anyone and she knows that I would never intentionally hurt her or any woman. She has been very patient and forgiving with me and I don't take her for granted.

I hope you all can accept my apology and forgive me for my mistake. I am still learning and growing as a person, and I value your feedback and opinions. Thank you for your time and attention."

Uploaded files: