DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Why Kendall Jenner Is Scared to Have Kids

In a recent episode of Keeping Up with the Kardashians, Kendall Jenner opened up about her anxiety and how it affects her thoughts on having children. The model, who has been vocal about her mental health struggles in the past, shared that she worries about passing on her anxiety to her future kids.

"I've had moments where I'm like, 'Do I have baby fever? Do I want a baby right now?' But I don't, I don't," she said. "I think I'm very young and I feel like I have a lot of things in life that I want to accomplish before I have children. But at the same time, my biological clock is ticking and I'm like, 'When do I do it?'"

She added that her anxiety is another factor that makes her hesitant about starting a family. "I have moments of panic because I have such bad anxiety," she said. "I have crazy panic attacks and I'm like, 'What if they inherit that from me?'"

Another reason she's in no rush to have children. She saw what sister Kylie Jenner went through during her two pregnancies, "This is definitely a massive birth control moment for me... It's a lot."

But having kids may still be in the cards for the model, who said in June that it remains on her radar for the Future.

"I'm excited for that time in my life," "I just know it's not right now."

And when the time comes, she's planning to raise her family outside of Los Angeles, so she can maintain some privacy.

Jenner's concerns are not uncommon among people who struggle with mental health issues. According to the Anxiety and Depression Association of America, anxiety disorders are the most common mental illness in the U.S., affecting 40 million adults every year. Anxiety disorders can be caused by a combination of genetic, environmental, and psychological factors, and can run in families.

However, having anxiety does not mean that one cannot have children or be a good parent. There are many ways to cope with anxiety and manage its symptoms, such as therapy, medication, meditation, exercise, and social support. Moreover, there are benefits to being open and honest about one's mental health with one's children, such as reducing stigma, increasing empathy, and fostering resilience.

Jenner said that she is working on her anxiety and trying to overcome her fears. She also said that she is grateful for her supportive family and friends, who help her through her difficult moments. She said that she hopes to have children someday, but she is not in a rush.

"I do want kids badly — soon too — but I don't know when," she said. "I feel like it will happen when it's supposed to happen."

Uploaded files: