DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Why Julia Fox's Upcoming Memoir Won't Include Sex with Kanye West

In her upcoming book Down the Drain, Julia Fox reveals the highs and lows of her whirlwind romance with Kanye West in 2022. But don't expect any juicy details about their bedroom antics. The actress and model say she decided to keep that part of their relationship private, out of respect for herself and the rapper.

"I know people are curious about what it was like to date Kanye, but I'm not going to spill the tea on that," she tells us in an exclusive interview. "It's not fair to him or to me. We had a connection that was more than just physical, and I want to honor that."

"I didn't want to skip over things," she explained. "So maybe some things are too detailed," so just how much of her whirlwind romance with Ye will the book cover? As Julia recently noted, the "Gold Digger" artist is only a small part in her bigger story.

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 16 (Feb 10 – May 3, 2025) opens registrations; register today for early bird discounts.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

Fox says she wrote Down the Drain as a way of coping with the breakup, which happened after only a month of dating. She says she was blindsided by West's decision to end things and felt like she had to share her side of the story.

"I was in love with him, and he broke my heart," she says. "I felt like I had to get it all out, to process what happened and heal. Writing this book was therapeutic for me."

Julie Fox and Kanye West called it quits just after dating for a month. The two ended their relationship right after West publicly expressed his wish to get back with his ex-wife Kim Kardashian. On February 14, 2022, West took to his Instagram handle to make a public plea to get back with Kardashian.

Down the Drain chronicles Fox's life before, during and after her relationship with West. She talks about her childhood, her career, her struggles with addiction and mental health, and her hopes for the future. She also gives an insider's look into the glamorous and chaotic world of celebrity dating, and how it affected her self-esteem and sense of identity.

Julia—who is mom to 2-year-old son Valentino with ex Peter Artemiev—added that she "made it a point to put the reader in the room" when it came to her memoir.

"I learned a lot from these experiences, both good and bad," she says. "I don't regret anything, but I also don't want to repeat the same mistakes. I want to grow as a person and find someone who loves me for me."

Down the Drain will be released on October 10th. You can pre-order it now on Amazon or Barnes & Noble.

Uploaded files: