DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

The Sweet Reason Matthew McConaughey and Camila Alves Don't Want Their Kids to Tell Them Everything

Matthew McConaughey and Camila Alves are one of Hollywood's most beloved couples, and they are also proud parents of three children: Levi, Vida, and Livingston. The Oscar-winning actor and the Brazilian model have been married since 2012, and they have always been open about their family life and parenting style. But there is one thing that they don't want their kids to do: tell them everything.

In a recent interview with People, McConaughey revealed that he and Alves encourage their children to have their own secrets and privacy. He said, "We don't want to know everything our kids are doing. We want them to have their autonomy. We want them to have their own experiences. We want them to have their own secrets."

He explained that this approach is based on his own upbringing, as he grew up in a household where his parents trusted him to make his own decisions and mistakes. He said, "My parents didn't want to know everything I was doing. They gave me freedom. They gave me responsibility. They gave me consequences. And I learned from that."

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 16 (Feb 10 – May 3, 2025) opens registrations; register today for early bird discounts.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

McConaughey also shared that he and Alves try to balance their roles as parents and partners, and that they make time for themselves as a couple. He said, "We're very good at giving each other space to go do our own thing, but we're also very good at coming back together and sharing what we've learned and what we've experienced. We're very supportive of each other's individual growth."

The actor added that he and his wife are constantly learning from each other and from their children, and that they are grateful for their family bond. He said, "We're very lucky to have each other. We're very lucky to have our kids. They teach us so much every day. They make us laugh. They make us cry. They make us proud. They make us better."

Uploaded files: