DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Susan Sarandon Recalls Wedding to Chris Sarandon: My Brother 'Hooked Up with' a Bridesmaid, My Mom Was Pregnant

Susan Sarandon is opening up about her first marriage to actor Chris Sarandon, which lasted from 1967 to 1979. The Oscar-winning actress shared some details about their wedding day in a recent interview, revealing that it was a memorable event for more than one reason.

According to Sarandon, her brother Terry Tomalin "hooked up with" one of the bridesmaids at the ceremony, which took place in West Virginia. She also said that her mother Lenora Marie Criscione, who was 39 at the time, was pregnant with her eighth child.

"It was a very interesting wedding," Sarandon said. "My mother was pregnant and my brother hooked up with one of the bridesmaids. It was quite a scene."

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 16 (Feb 10 – May 3, 2025) opens registrations; register today for early bird discounts.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

Sarandon, who was 20 years old when she married Chris, said that they met at Catholic University in Washington, D.C., where they were both studying drama. She said that he was "very handsome" and "very smart" and that they had a lot in common.

"We were both very interested in theater and politics and social justice," she said. "We were very compatible in many ways."

Sarandon said that they moved to New York together after graduation and pursued their acting careers. She said that they supported each other through the ups and downs of the industry and that they remained friends after their divorce.

"We had a good run," she said. "We're still friends. He's a lovely person."

Sarandon, who has three children from her relationship with actor Tim Robbins, said that she is not looking for another marriage at this point in her life. She said that she is happy with her current partner, filmmaker Jonathan Bricklin, whom she met through her ping-pong club SPiN.

"I don't think I need to get married again," she said. "I'm very happy with Jonathan. He's creative and fun and we have a lot of adventures together. He's younger than me, but he doesn't act like it."

Sarandon said that she is grateful for all the experiences and relationships that she has had in her life and that she is always open to new possibilities.

"I've been very lucky," she said. "I've had some amazing people in my life and I've learned a lot from them. I don't have any regrets. I'm always curious about what's next."

Uploaded files: