DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Shakira Shares Insight into Parenting After Breakup with Gerard Piqué

Shakira is opening up about how she is raising her two boys, Sasha and Milan, in Miami after splitting from their father, Gerard Piqué, last year. The singer and the former soccer star announced their breakup in {June 2022}, after a decade of being together. Shakira revealed that she and Piqué have maintained a friendly and respectful relationship for the sake of their children, who are seven and nine years old.

"Sometimes I think being a single mom and the rhythm of being a pop star aren't compatible," Shakira told Billboard in an interview published {Sept. 21}. "I have to put my kids to bed, go to the recording studio; everything is uphill. When you don't have a husband who can stay home with the kids, it's constant juggling because I like to be a present mom and I need to be there every moment with my children: take them to school, have breakfast with them, take them to play dates. And aside from that, I have to make money

"It's not easy, but we try to do our best," Shakira says in same exclusive interview. "We love our kids more than anything, and we want them to be happy and healthy. We also want them to have a strong bond with both of us, so we make sure to spend quality time with them individually and as a family."

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 16 (Feb 10 – May 3, 2025) opens registrations; register today for early bird discounts.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

Shakira said that she moved to Miami with her sons in {August 2022}, to focus on her music career and to give them a more stable and secure environment. She said that Piqué visits them regularly and that they also travel to Spain to see him and his family.

"We have a very flexible and fluid arrangement," Shakira said. "We don't have a fixed schedule or a rigid custody agreement. We just communicate and coordinate with each other, depending on our work commitments and our personal needs. We are lucky that we can do that, because we know that not every divorced couple has that option."

Shakira also shared some insights into her parenting style and how she balances her work and family life. She said that she is very involved and hands-on with her sons' education, activities and hobbies. She also said that she encourages them to explore their own interests and talents, without imposing any expectations or pressure on them.

"I want them to be free and independent, to follow their dreams and passions, but also to be responsible and respectful," Shakira said. "I don't want them to feel like they have to live up to anyone's standards or expectations, not even mine or Gerard's. I want them to be themselves, to discover who they are and what they love."

Shakira added that she is very proud of her sons and how they have adapted to the changes in their family situation. She said that they are very smart, curious and creative, and that they have a lot of empathy and compassion for others.

"They are amazing kids, they really are," Shakira said. "They have been very supportive and understanding of everything that has happened. They are also very close to each other; they have a great bond as brothers. They make me laugh every day, they fill my life with joy and meaning."

Shakira said that she is grateful for the support and love that she has received from her fans, friends and family during this challenging time in her life. She said that she is optimistic about the future and that she is looking forward to releasing her new album later this year.

"I'm very happy with the music that I've been making, it's very personal and authentic," Shakira said. "It reflects my emotions and experiences, but also my hopes and dreams. I can't wait to share it with the world."

Uploaded files: