DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Richard Simmons' Final Days Before Death

Richard Simmons, the beloved fitness guru, passed away on July 13, 2024, at the age of [76]. In his final days, he remained dedicated to his fans, continuing to reach out through phone calls and emails. Despite his reclusiveness in recent years, Simmons never stopped caring for those who looked up to him.

Just two days before his death, Simmons gave an emotional interview where he expressed his gratitude for his fans and reflected on his life and career. He shared that he had been working on a musical and had recently overcome a bout with skin cancer. His final message was one of hope and encouragement, reminding everyone to believe in themselves and stay positive.

"I'm grateful I get to live another day," Richard in his final interview, conducted July 11, two days before his death. He shared how his 76th birthday plans included sticking on candle in a Zucchini. "You know I'm a vegetarian."

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 15 (Sept 9 – Dec 7, 2024) has started registrations; register today for early bird discounts.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

Simmons also sang himself happy birthday as he shared positive message with his fans.

"Today is a beautiful day," Richard said. "But nothing's really different. I got up this morning. I said my prayers, I counted my blessings, and then I went to work."

The Sweatin' to the Oldies host shared that he was in the midst of writing a Broadway musical about his upbringing and stardom—and he'd already "written 14 songs for" it alongside composer Patrick Leonard.

"The whole show is about my life," he narrated, "from selling pralines in New Orleans at a candy store when I was a kid, to when I decided to retire. Every week, I write an audio." He also shared a short reading of what he'd written that week.

Richard Simmons said, reading the song's lyrics helps "deal with loss" . "It takes a toll on your heart. Some shed many tears, others stare at the sky. It's so hard to say goodbye. Here is what I know when it's time for us to go, beautiful angels will greet us with a smile and a hello."

Simmons understood his ultimate goal in life was to make those around him smile, as he noted while reflecting on his legacy.

"I'll always be the court jester," he said. "I'll always be fooling around. When the curtain goes up, I'm there to make people happy." 

And while the wellness guru admitted that he did step back from public life, he took issue with the idea that he disappeared, especially as he maintained relationships with his fans via fan mail, emails and even phone calls to those in need.

"When I decided to retire, it was because my body told me I needed to retire," he expressed. "I have spent time just reflecting on my life. All of the books I wrote, the videos. I never was like, 'Oh look what I've done.' My thing was, 'Oh, look how many people I helped.'"

Simmons' legacy as a fitness icon and a beacon of joy and motivation will continue to inspire many. His unique personality and dedication to helping others made him a cherished figure in the lives of countless individuals.

Uploaded files: