DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Ozzy Osbourne Shares His Why He's Choosing to Stop Surgeries Amid Health Battle

Ozzy Osbourne, the legendary rock star and former lead singer of Black Sabbath, has recently opened up about his decision to stop undergoing surgeries for his health issues. In an exclusive interview with Rolling Stone, Osbourne revealed that he has been suffering from chronic pain and various complications after a series of operations that he had in the past few years.

Osbourne, who is 74 years old, said that he has been diagnosed with Parkinson's disease, a degenerative neurological disorder that affects movement and coordination. He also said that he has been dealing with nerve damage, infections, blood clots, and pneumonia, among other problems. He said that he has been in and out of the hospital for the last five years, and that he has had more than a dozen surgeries.

"I've had enough of being cut open and stitched up," Osbourne said. "I don't want to go through that anymore. It's not worth it. It's not helping me. It's making me worse."

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 16 (Feb 10 – May 3, 2025) opens registrations; register today for early bird discounts.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

Osbourne said that he has decided to focus on alternative treatments, such as stem cell therapy, acupuncture, and meditation. He said that he is also trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle, by eating well, exercising, and staying away from drugs and alcohol. He said that he is not giving up on his music career, and that he hopes to resume touring and recording as soon as possible.

"I'm not ready to die yet," Osbourne said. "I still have a lot of things to do. I still have a lot of music in me. I still have a lot of fans who support me. I still have a lot of love for my family and friends. I'm not going to let this disease beat me."

Osbourne said that he is grateful for the support and understanding of his wife Sharon, his children Kelly, Jack, and Aimee, and his grandchildren. He also thanked his fans for their loyalty and encouragement.

"I want to thank everyone who has been with me through this journey," Osbourne said. "You have no idea how much you mean to me. You have given me strength and hope. You have made me feel alive. You are the reason I keep going."

Uploaded files: