DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Nigeria Revenue Service (NRS) Is Good Policy

Nigeria Proposes Single Revenue-Collecting Agency Named Nigerian Revenue Service (NRS)

This is a good policy and my rating is A: "The Government is on the verge of reshaping Nigeria’s revenue collection system in a bold reform aimed at consolidating efforts and boosting government earnings. If passed, his new plan would bar over 60 revenue-generating agencies from collecting revenues on behalf of the Federal Government. In their place, a single entity, the Nigeria Revenue Service (NRS), will take up the responsibility of tax and levy collection, drastically altering how revenue streams flow into national coffers."

My only side note is this: no private company or contractor should be engaged.  But on the merit of this call, I support it because it makes sense to centralize this process.  This is an electronic age where people do not pay cash. So, it is doable.

As always, Nigeria is extremely great on innovation on revenue collection. Where we struggle is how to help companies and people increase their revenue and income. We need to improve on that front.

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 15 (Sept 9 – Dec 7, 2024) has started registrations; register today for early bird discounts.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.