DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Nigeria Must Listen to Dangote on Interest Rate

No economic growth will happen in Nigeria unless interest rate comes down – Dangote

The business icon has spoken: "Right now, at 30%, there is no way anybody can create jobs because we are actually stifling growth. So interest rate can remain at 30% but no growth will happen unless that interest rate comes down," Aliko Dangote.

That has been my position: even though we want to fight inflation, Nigeria must bring interest rates lower to make it possible for manufacturers to breathe, since if they do not breathe, we may not have the SUPPLY (yes, goods and services)  we need to reduce inflation (ceteris paribus at constant demand). The World Bank has also come to the same conclusion.

Good People, I read quarterly reports of dozens of companies from Nigeria, there is no way any company can take a loan at 30% interest rate, and still GROW. It is impossible in this economy when you still have to be your own water board, electricity board, police, etc as there is really nothing the nation provides to companies these days!

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 15 (Sept 9 – Dec 7, 2024) has started registrations; register today for early bird discounts.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

Now that Dangote has gone public, I do hope someone will review these policies.