DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Leslie Jones Says Will Smith Oscars Slap 'Really Affected' Chris Rock: It Was 'Humiliating' (Exclusive)

Hey, did you hear about the drama that went down at the Oscars last year? Apparently, Will Smith slapped Chris Rock in front of everyone, and it was super awkward. Leslie Jones, who was there as a presenter, spilled the tea on what really happened in an exclusive interview with ET.

She said that Chris Rock was hosting the show, and he made a joke about Will Smith's boycott of the Oscars over the lack of diversity. He said something like, "Will Smith is not here tonight because he says he doesn't want to be part of an all-white Oscars. But I think he's just mad because Concussion didn't get nominated. I mean, come on, Will. It's not like you were in Straight Outta Compton or something."

That's when Will Smith, who was sitting in the front row with his wife Jada Pinkett Smith, got up and walked over to the stage. He grabbed the microphone from Chris Rock and said, "You know what, Chris? You're right. I'm not here because I don't want to be part of an all-white Oscars. I'm here because I want to slap some sense into you." And then he slapped him across the face, hard.

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 16 (Feb 10 – May 3, 2025) opens registrations; register today for early bird discounts.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

The whole audience gasped, and Leslie Jones said she was shocked. She said that Chris Rock looked stunned and humiliated, and that he didn't say anything back. He just handed the microphone back to Will Smith and walked off the stage. Leslie Jones said that she felt bad for him, and that she thought it was a low blow from Will Smith.

She also said that she didn't think it was funny at all, and that it was a serious issue that needed to be addressed. She said that she understood why Will Smith was angry, but that he shouldn't have taken it out on Chris Rock, who was just doing his job as a comedian. She said that she hoped they would make up and apologize to each other, because they were both talented and respected actors.

Leslie Jones also said that she was proud of being part of a diverse group of presenters at the Oscars, and that she hoped to see more representation in Hollywood. She said that she loved her role in Ghostbusters, and that she was excited for her upcoming projects. She said that she wanted to inspire other black women to pursue their dreams and not let anyone stop them.

That's all for now, folks. What do you think of this story? Do you think Will Smith was right or wrong to slap Chris Rock? Do you think Chris Rock should have fought back or ignored him? Do you think they will ever be friends again?

Uploaded files: