DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Jonzing World signee Gdzilla says his mask was for publicity

If you've been following the Nigerian music scene, you might have heard of Gdzilla, the masked rapper who recently signed with Jonzing World, the label that also houses stars like Rema and Ruger. Gdzilla has been making waves with his catchy songs and mysterious persona, but he recently revealed the truth behind his mask in an exclusive interview. In a recent interview on Hip TV, Gdzilla admitted that the mask was a publicity move meant to create awareness, and he was always going to take it off after the goal was achieved.

Gdzilla said that he started wearing the mask as a publicity stunt, to create curiosity and buzz around his music. He said that he was inspired by other masked artists like MF Doom and Lagbaja, who used their masks to create a unique identity and stand out from the crowd. He also said that he wanted to challenge the notion that Nigerian rappers have to look a certain way or fit into a certain stereotype.

"I wanted to do something different, something that would make people wonder who I am and what I sound like. I wanted to show that rap is not about how you look, but how you express yourself. I wanted to break the mold and create my own lane," he said.

Gdzilla said that he was happy with the response he got from his fans and the media, who were intrigued by his mask and his music. He said that he felt like he had achieved his goal of creating a buzz and getting people's attention. He also said that he is grateful to Jonzing World for giving him the opportunity and the platform to showcase his talent.

The rising talent who released his debut self-titled EP in 2023, is the third artist from the Jonzing World talent pipeline after Rema and Ruger who also had their unique branding.

According to the artist whose music carries significant street elements, his debut EP was inspired by his experiences, and he intends to share more of this in his coming releases.

With Gdzilla, D' Prince and Jonzing World is aiming for a hattrick of breakthrough artists following the mainstream success of Rema and Ruger, especially now that Ruger has left Jonzing World Label to set up his label.

However, he also said that he felt like it was time to reveal his face and connect with his fans on a deeper level. He said that he wanted to show them his true self and let them know more about his story and his personality. He said that he was not afraid of losing his mystique or his fan base, because he believed that his music was strong enough to speak for itself.

"I think my fans deserve to see me for who I am. I think they will appreciate me more if they know the person behind the mask. I think they will relate to me more if they see my face and my expressions. I think they will love me more if they see my smile," he said.

Gdzilla said that he would continue to make music that reflects his experiences, his influences, and his aspirations. He said that he would not change his style or his sound, because he wanted to stay true to himself and his art. He also said that he hoped to collaborate with other artists in the industry, both local and international, and expand his fan base across the world.

"I'm excited for what the future holds. I'm ready to take my music to the next level. I'm ready to show the world what Gdzilla can do. I'm ready to unleash the beast," he said.

Uploaded files: