DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

How Jennifer Garner Earns “Cool Points” With Her and Ben Affleck's Son Samuel

Jennifer Garner revealed in an exclusive interview how her son Samuel felt about watching her star in the movie Family Switch, where she swaps bodies with her teenage daughter. Samuel was not impressed at first, but he changed his mind when he saw who her costars were.

Family Switch is a comedy film that follows the adventures of a mother and daughter who switch places for a day and have to deal with each other's challenges. Jennifer Garner plays the mother.

Family Switch falls into that grand tradition of family comedies: the body-swap film. When the Walker family meets a mysterious astrological reader, they find themselves waking up in each other’s bodies — on a day that holds a crucial event for each of them. So, Myers’ audition was a little untraditional: She had to prove her skills as an impressionist were up to snuff, impersonating the castmate that she would be swapping bodies within the film. “I did the ‘To be or not to be’ monologue [from Hamlet], and I thought it was the stupidest thing ever,” she recalls. “I was like, ‘This is such a bad impression, this is never going to happen.’ But apparently, they liked it!”

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 16 (Feb 10 – May 3, 2025) opens registrations; register today for early bird discounts.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

Jennifer Garner says that her son Samuel, who is nine years old, was reluctant to watch the movie because he thought it was too girly. "He was like, 'Mom, this is embarrassing. I don't want to see you as a teenager. You're my mom,'" she said.

However, Samuel changed his tune when he saw who Jennifer Garner's costars were. He was thrilled to see that she shared the screen with some of his favorite actors. "He was like, Mom, you're so cool!'" Jennifer Garner said.

She added that she earned some "cool points" from her son for working with such big names in Hollywood. She also said that he enjoyed the movie and laughed a lot at the funny scenes. "He loved it. He thought it was hilarious. He said it was one of his favorite movies ever," she said.

Jennifer Garner also shared that her other two children, Violet and Seraphina, also liked the movie and praised her performance. She said that they were proud of her for doing something different and fun. "They said I did a good job of acting like a teenager. They said I was very convincing," she said.

Jennifer Garner said that she had a blast making the movie and that she hopes it will bring joy to other families who watch it together. She said that the movie has a positive message about appreciating each other's perspectives and being more understanding. "It's a movie that celebrates family and love and laughter. It's a movie that reminds us to be grateful for what we have and to see the best in each other," she said.

Uploaded files: