DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Hilary Duff Shares How She Learned to Love Her Body

Hilary Duff is a well-known Actress and Singer who has been in the spotlight since she was a teenager. She has also been open about her challenges with body image and self-esteem, especially after giving birth to her first child in 2012. In an exclusive interview, she shared how becoming a mother changed her perspective on wellness and helped her embrace her body.

Duff said that she used to be very critical of her appearance and felt pressured to look a certain way in the entertainment industry. She admitted that she struggled with disordered eating and over-exercising in the past, and that she often compared herself to other women. She said that she felt like she had to be perfected all the time, and that she was never satisfied with how she looked.

However, she realized that her body was capable of creating and nurturing a life, and that it deserved respect and appreciation. She said that she learned to love her body for what it could do, not for how it looked. She also said that she became more mindful of her health and wellness, and focused on finding a balance between nutrition, exercise, and rest. She said that she wanted to be a good role model for her son and show him that beauty comes in all shapes and sizes.

The former Disney Channel darling is mom to daughters Banks Violet, Mae James with husband Matthew Koma and her 11-year-old son Luca Cruz Comrie with ex Mike Comrie.

While striking that balance between her home life and professional commitments takes "a lot of work," Duff said, her evolved approach to fitness has helped her maintain a routine.

"You should make it a priority for yourself and your health," the 36-year-old explained. "I had to change my mindset around it and not be like, 'This is for my body. This is for me to look good.' I have to be like, 'No, this is for me to be good inside for my family.' It's not just about what's on the outside, it's about what's happening to your brain."

Duff also revealed how becoming a mother of three has affected her wellness routine. She said that she tries to fit in some physical activity every day, whether it's a walk, a yoga session, or a dance class. She said that she enjoys moving her body and feeling strong, but that she doesn't obsess over calories or weight. She said that she listens to her body and gives it what it needs, whether it's a salad, a pizza, or a nap. She said that she also makes time for self-care, such as reading, meditating, or pampering herself. She said that she believes that wellness is not only about the physical aspect, but also about the mental and emotional one.

"When everyone in my household is happy, that's when I feel the most confident," the How I Met Your Father star in an exclusive interview while promoting her partnership with the vitamin and supplement brand OLLY. "And to be honest, when I'm working. I love my job, too. I love what I do and that's a huge boost, to be feeling confident in the workspace, but also, when my whole household is thriving, that makes me feel great, too. You feel Superwoman powers when everyone's had a great day."

"It feels liberating," she expressed. "My body is changing. It's really important to listen to that and be still sometimes, too. We're so plugged in and there's constant noise, so t's really important to recharge in calming ways.

"I'm obsessed with my kids," she gushed. "I am so lucky I got to grow them and birth them and with every single one of them my body has changed a little bit, and I'm cool with it. It feels good."

Still, when things get a little too hectic with her busy schedule and all three of her kids now being in school, Duff turns to Olly's "Goodbye Stress" gummy vitamins along with her coffee for an assist in the morning.

"I usually pop a couple before I am leaving the house," she said, "and we're out the door.

Duff said that she hopes that by sharing her wellness journey, she can inspire other women to love themselves and their bodies. She said that she wants to encourage them to find their own definition of wellness, and to follow it with joy and gratitude. She said that she thinks that wellness is not a destination, but a journey, and that it's different for everyone. She said that she is proud of how far she has come, and that she is excited for what the future holds.

Uploaded files: