DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Halle Berry Says Drake Used Slime Photo Without Her Permission

Halle Berry has a message for Drake after he used an old picture of her getting slimed at the Kids' Choice Awards to promote his latest song. The actress took to Instagram to share her thoughts on the rapper's choice of artwork for his new track "Slime You Out" featuring SZA.

In the photo, which Drake posted on his Instagram story, Berry is seen covered in green slime while holding a Nickelodeon blimp trophy. The image was taken in {2012}, when Berry was honored with the Favorite Movie Actress award for her role in Cloud Atlas. Drake captioned the photo with "Slime You Out ft. SZA out now" and tagged both artists.

Berry reposted the photo on her own Instagram story and wrote, "Hey @champagnepapi, I see you. Thanks for the shout-out, but next time, ask permission first." She added a laughing emoji and a wink emoji to show that she was not too upset by the rapper's move.

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 16 (Feb 10 – May 3, 2025) opens registrations; register today for early bird discounts.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

When a user asked the actress for her thoughts on Drake using the photo of her, Halle commented on her own page, "Hence my post today. When people you admire disappoint you you have to be the bigger person and move on!

The actress also commented, in response to another fan, "He did have his people call my people call my people and I said NO. I didn't like that image of slime all over my face in association with his song. And he chose to do it anyway! You see...that is the disrespect. Not cool!

Drake has long been a fan of Halle, and for years, the feeling appeared to be mutual. In a {2013} remix of Migos' song "Versace," he raps, "I'm tryna give Halle Berry a baby and no one can stop me." In 2016, Halle shared on Instagram a photo of enormous rings and captioned the pic, "We need some really nice things. We need some really big rings," quoting from Drake and Future's {2015} song, "Big Rings." She also tagged Drizzy.

In April {2019}, the rapper was photographed wearing a jacket with an image of the actress as her Bond Girl character Jinx from the {2002} movie Die Another Day.

"I thought, 'Wow, Drake. Thank you,'" Halle said on "The Tonight Show" Starring "Jimmy Fallon" the following month. "Of course, I wasn't going to let that go undone. So, today, I posted something, just for Drake."

On Instagram the actress shared a photo of herself wearing a gray shirt printed with the words, "Here for a good time not a long time," which are lyrics from Drake's song "Blessings" with Big Sean. She captioned the post, "Wayy up I feel blessed."

She also told Jimmy Fallon, regarding Drake's jacket, "He said he would give it to me.

Berry ended her post with a hashtag that read #NotHereForTheSlime and tagged SZA, who has not yet commented on the song or the photo.

Uploaded files: