DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

AY Makun apologizes to Davido for joking about his 'small preek'

Nigerian comedian AY Makun has issued a public apology to Davido after making a joke about the singer's genital size that sparked outrage on social media.

He posted a picture of the superstar, and two videos of him performing at his shows. In his caption, he acknowledged his joke came off wrongly in the viral video and apologized.

The comic further accepted the backlash he had received for the joke, stressing that he deserved it for his poor delivery.

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 16 (Feb 10 – May 3, 2025) opens registrations; register today for early bird discounts.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

During his Warri show, AY joked about the singer having multiple babies with his "small preek" whereas he struggled for 13 years to conceive.

AY said he did not mean to offend Davido or his fans, and that he was only trying to make people laugh. He said he had no intention of disrespecting Davido's talent or achievements, and that he was a big fan of his music. He also said he had reached out to Davido personally to apologize and clear the air.

AY appealed to his fans and the public to forgive him for his mistake, and to understand that comedy is a form of art that sometimes pushes boundaries. He said he would be more careful and sensitive in his future jokes, and that he hoped Davido would accept his apology and move on.

AY Makun - "Please know that it is always a learning experience for all of us in the entertainment business. I deserve any backlash or negative thoughts coming my way for the joke that was badly delivered in Warri. So, no excuses at all, my aburo. No reason am. I remain your number one fan, and I love you, @davido," he concluded.

Davido has responded to the comedian's apology post, saying, "Nothing spoil Baba mi", letting him know that everything was Alright & okay between them.

Uploaded files: