First Atlantic Software is a division of First Atlantic Semiconductors & Microelectronics (Fasmicro) – a leading tech company with design partnerships with U.S. based Altera and Microchip. Fasmicro has received many awards including a commendation letter from the Nigerian Presidency and Africa Awards Top Ten Finalists. Our goal is to “invent the next Africa” through developing and deploying appropriate technology. Our clients include Fidelity Bank, Soulmate Industries Ltd, Nigerian Army, Nigerian Defense Academy, Imo State Government, Abia State Government, Nigerian Senate, SGF Office, Unity Kapital Insurance, Federal Ministry of Science & Technology, numerous universities and private companies, etc.
We seek to hire bright coders, developers and server engineers with can-do attitude, passion for technology, and extensive PHP5/MySQL development experience. We reward with stock options, health benefits and competitive salary. These jobs are based in our Owerri office. For more about Fasmicro, visit www.fasmicro.com
- Participating in a team-oriented environment as well as individually to develop complex web-based applications.
- Maintaining existing codebase, to include troubleshooting bugs and adding new features to our products including API.
- R&D on code and infrastructure resources we can use to make Fasmicro’s servers, products and data more resource-efficient and scalable.
- Participate in Release and Iteration Planning meetings with engineers and product managers.
- Employ organizational design patterns to develop application logic.
- Pair with other engineers to solve complex problems.
- Adopt organizational Values and Practices.
- Design Unit Tests as part of Test Driven Development.
The Skills We Need:
- Experience in a LAMP (Linux Apache MySQL PHP) based architecture
- Strong analysis, design, development, and testing skills required
- Usage of best practices in PHP development and architectural design patterns
- Expert level PHP 5.x development experience
- Expert level MySQL design. You should understand normalization, joins, query optimization, views, stored procedures and triggers and when and how to use them.
- Zend or other MVC framework experience
- Extremely self-directed. No one is looking over your shoulder.
- Motivated by writing great software. Bugs are bad.
- Experience with Subversion preferred
- Able to work well individually and collaborate with a team
- Willing and able to put in extra hours to meet tight deadlines
- Zend Certification will be an added advantage
This job has no degree requirement. Yet, it is very unlikely one can get it without one. Our focus is raw intelligence and domain experience in LAMP. If you are interested, please send your CV with links of previous projects to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a demo, we will prefer it over a CV. We want to hire immediately.