ITU, the leading United Nations Agency for information and communication technology is looking for the next generation of young visionaries for its Young Innovators Competition.
- Are you aged 18-25?
- Do you have an innovative ICT based concept or project?
- Are you a social entrepreneur?
- Are you in need of resources to take the next step?
Take part in the Young Innovators Competition and you could gain a host of exceptional benefits including:
- Up to 10,000 CHF in prize money
- High-level industry mentorship
- Hands-on workshop training focusing on entrepreneurial skills
- Networking opportunities with high level delegates
- Chance to showcase at the InnovatorSpace
The competition calls for innovations which engage the power of ICT to meet real-world developmental challenges relevant to one of seven core areas under the theme of “Youth Innovation for Development”, namely:
- Youth Employment
- Empowerment of Women
- Human Rights
- Environmental Sustainability
Submissions consisting of everything from concepts to ongoing projects are welcome. From these, the twelve most outstanding entries – judged to have the greatest possible social impact and potential for business success- will win the chance to attend and participate in ITU Telecom World 2012, which takes place from 14-18 October in Dubai.
The deadline for initial submissions is 1st July 2012. For further details, and to start the application procedure, please visit http://world2012.itu.int/young-innovators-competition