Lagos will play host to global and local thought leaders on information and communication technology (ICT) on March 22nd and 23rd in a conference that is attracting the Deputy Senate President of Nigeria. Under the theme, Bridging the IT Gap, experts from the around the world will converge and share insights and perspectives on the roadmap for ICT in the continent. The name of the conference is Africa4IT and it is organized by ArchTix, a UK-based company. Africa has been saying it wants to bridge the ICT gap, but for so long since the goal post has consistently changed as ICT is dynamic. Can our continent ever catch up?
Africa4IT conference is run by IT professionals and business executives who understand the challenges faced by IT professionals and organisations in meeting changing business requirements and delivering solutions in the internet age, globally and locally. Having this capability is helping them to deliver a conference that is expected to add value to the attendees.
Simply, the team behind this conference is poised to help individuals, companies and organizations reduce the efforts and challenges, when attempting to deliver innovative IT solutions. This could be within enterprise-scale solutions or application development projects. It is about an opportunity to acquire innovative and practical techniques that can be built upon long-after the conference.
Our focus of the conference is to help shorten the time taken organisations (private and or public) to deliver truly innovative IT solutions by bringing together ‘highly-value’ knowledge professionals (technology and business), with specific area of expertise; to discuss and share how they are addressing similar challenges within their organisations. The key industries range from banking to government, petroleum to energy, among others.
There is value in attending the Africa4IT 2012 conference; here are some examples of why you should attend:
- 18 sessions delivered by experienced local and international speakers
- Tools, applications and free gifts supplied by sponsors and exhibitors
- Networking opportunities with other delegates, speakers and suppliers
- Knowledge sharing and gathering on those challenging issues
- Gain inspiration and recharge your batteries!!
There are two tracks in the conference and they are Enterprise Solutions Track and Application Development Track.
- The enterprise track is targeted at delegates looking to deliver enterprise size IT capabilities within their organisation and how best to deliver such capabilities ‘in the light’ of challenges such as defining requirements, managing stakeholders, managing and delivering architecture and design element, managing budgets, selecting the right enterprise management tools, managing contracts with suppliers, business relationship management, aligning IT strategy with business change, enterprise governance and systems integration.
- The app development track targets delegates looking to increase their knowledge and productivity within software application development and looking for answers on a range of topics including best tool(s) for rapid application development, tailoring development cycle and teams to projects, development frameworks, source code management, developing cross platform solutions (mobile, web, windows, open source etc), developing within the CLOUD space, ensuring quality of code, managing delivery timescales and other functional and non-functional requirements relating to application development.
It seems to be an exciting conference where Africa will converge as we work hard to deepen the creative side of ICT. Fasmicro (Tekedia parent company) Founder, Dr. Ndubuisi Ekekwe, will keynote this event in Lagos. Some other speakers include:
- Jide Sowade – an Enterprise Technology Consultant and founder of Travit Technology Ltd (UK) and ArchTix Technology Ltd (Nigeria). He is the man behind this program
- Daljit Banger – a London based CEO of S-EA-T.COM Ltd (UK).
- Dr Abdul Jaleel kehinde Shittu of Univeristi Utara Malaysia
- Andrew Price – a UK based Enterprise Security Architect and Security Consultant
Tekedia will cover this program and bring you live feeds as the event unfolds. To participate in this program, click here for instructions.